Position: Regional Trainer
Reporting to: Head of L&D
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Cera is a leading home care company looking for an experience care trainer to work remotely in the South West area. You will be responsible for assessing and identifying training needs and co-ordinating and delivering branch training in accordance with current best practices, adhering to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and relevant regulations under the direction of the Head of L&D.
- Organise and plan spot checks and observations to identify training needs.
- Carry out training needs assessment interviews, create and deliver relevant training for any identified gaps.
- Support in the delivery of regional assessment day training sessions for new starters, update and ongoing training for the region.
- Maintain accurate, legible up to date training records in accordance with Cera policy and audit records following company policy to ensure compliance.
- Oversee the implementation and adherence of all Cera policies and procedures.
- Strive for quality in everything you do recognising and understanding what quality in care means for people using the service.
- Maintain training operations at the standard agreed with the Registered Manager, Regional Director and Quality & Compliance team and wider business.
- Train the trainer qualifications in subjects such as medication, first aid, moving and handling and relevant experience of designing and delivering content in a Health & Safety setting.
- Take responsibility and seek opportunities for your own professional & personal development through performance and development reviews and undertake any relevant training as required.
- Arrange training courses with suitably qualified and approved external providers where appropriate and necessary.
- Support, coach, mentor, develop and sustain a professional, skilled and motivated care team.
- Maintain and deliver fully up to date, relevant training to deliver safe and effective care.
- Regularly seek feedback from all stakeholders and plan changes and improvements according to feedback.
Background and experience:
- Previous experience as a Care trainer working in a similar environment OR you may be a Senior Carer holding Level 3 NVQ qualifications and be looking to upskill into a trainer role.
- Must hold a full clean drivers licence
- Train the trainer qualifications in subjects such as medication, first aid, moving and handling and relevant experience of designing and delivering content in a Health & Safety setting are advantageous but we can also help you to gain these if you are a Senior Carer looking to upskill.
- Proficient written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge in CQC regulations and requirements
What’s it like to be part of the Cera team?
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.