Position: Product Owner
Reporting to: Director of Product Engineering
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role
The Product Owner has a pivotal role in creating Cera’s solutions for our carers and customers. A key focus of this role is to ensure that Cera’s technology helps us to provide great care to all of our customers while improving the experience of everyone involved in care delivery. You will wear many hats in this role, working with our engineering teams (on and off shore), UX teams, operational staff and carers. Maintaining laser focus on the core concepts of our three main products. This requires a deep knowledge of our processes and a passion for using technology and people to improve them. Your work will have a huge impact on the way that care is experienced.
You thrive in mission-driven organisations, working with collaborative teams who are passionate about utilising technology and building products to better the world around us. You have worked in a Product owner / manager role for around two to five years and champion Agile best practice. You have the ability to stay laser focused on our end users, conducting external research and competitor analysis to ensure our engineering and teams are building exact, precise solutions to deliver our mission.
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage delivery against the product roadmap in line with the product strategy
- Collect and analyse feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end product
- Work with researchers and UX teams to ensure our product are easy to use and appropriate for the end use
- Keeping close to the market, conducting competitor analysis and ensuring we’re constantly innovating
- Work with senior management to create prioritised product plans and roadmap
- Manage around 1 – 2 scrum teams to deliver on one specific area of the business
- Work with our engineering teams, to ensure delivering against the roadmap
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Planning and managing product launch with business teams to ensure they’re released correctly, maintained and evolutions are carried out
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end-users
Background & Experience
- You thrive in mission-driven organisations, working with collaborative teams who are passionate about utilising technology and building products to better the world around us
- Around 2 - 5 years’ digital product experience in a commercial environment
- Experience managing innovation through digital products (i.e, mobile, web, data)
- Experience assessing product ideas using different product methodologies against value
- Working with the business to map current processes and identify improvements
- A pragmatic approach to prioritisation
- Working with development frameworks through development and testing
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Experience working together with senior management
- Challenge stakeholders to ensure ongoing value delivery
- Create specifications and wireframes for features
What’s it like to be part of the Cera team?
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.