Position: Director of Care Recruitment
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, London HQ
About the role:
We are looking for someone who is driven, ambitious and excited by the chance to contribute to Cera’s impressive growth plans. The value created by the health and social care workforce has never been more evident - we are looking for someone to capitalise on this opportunity and make Cera the go to employer for those looking to make a real and tangible difference to the lives of others. Cera isn’t your typical care company, we are passionate people - powered by technology and we are here to care better!
We have a new vacancy for a key role within the business; Director of Care Recruitment. We’re on a mission to stimulate the economy and significantly grow our business by opening up thousands of jobs in care across the UK. This role, forming part of Cera’s leadership team, will be crucial to Cera delivering on our ambitions.
The role will not only lead, but will motivate, inspire and empower our centralised recruitment team to meet and beat our recruitment targets. The Director of Care Recruitment will work right alongside our colleagues in Care Operations, Brand, Culture and People to develop and leverage key partnerships, create and execute compelling attraction strategies and ensure our recruitment processes not only deliver on the number of hires, but WOWs candidates, every step of the way.
We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of managing and executing a high performance, high volume recruitment team that is driven and incentivised to deliver results time and time again. You’ll naturally be interested in how tech can create efficiencies in recruitment whilst maintaining a strong sense of intuition and care for hiring against Cera’s values. You’ll drive the recruitment team to perform against stretching targets with an equal focus on growth and quality as you’ll understand the need to both deploy and retain quality professional carers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and nurture key partnerships to improve access to candidates and to ensure Cera’s recruitment and onboarding experience is world class
- Build a robust care talent pipeline for all localised branch requirements for both current and future job openings
- Lead all sourcing strategies
- Implement online and offline employer brand recruitment activities
- Own an annual recruitment budget to deliver against targets
- Oversee all stages of candidate experience (including application, interviews and communication for our branch teams) - continually look to review and refine what we do and how we do it
- Forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans
- Manage, train and evaluate our team of recruiters - ensuring they are well incentivised to deliver
- Participate in and host recruitment events to drive awareness of our company
- Develop a network of potential future hires (e.g. past applicants and referred candidates)
- Measure key recruitment metrics, including but not limited to source of hire and spend, applications, CPA, offers, hires, CAC, time-to-hire and retention
- Significant proven experience of successfully leading a team of recruiters in a similar role (at least 2+ years)
- Experience of successfully managing high volume recruitment to meet supply and demand needs of the business
- Demonstrable experience managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. social networks, job boards, local strategies)
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and integrating HR databases
- Exceptional leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster long-term relationships (with internal teams, external partners and candidates)
- A clear understanding of the market supply/demand challenges/opportunities
- Demonstrable understanding of how to balance high volume recruitment with quality of hires and impact on tenure
Nice to haves
- Direct industry experience in health/social care
- Experience within a regulated industry that has compliance requirements
- Experience in fast scaling companies