Position: Head of Learning & Development
Reporting to Director, People, Brand and Culture
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role
We’re on a mission to put our people at the heart of our innovation to help change the care industry for the better. We’re transforming the care sector through life changing technology that enables our carers to do what they do best, care. By putting our people at the heart of our business, we aim to offer our customers the best-in-class care services in the industry. We want to create an internal culture that nurtures and develops our carers where they view working in care as a career. The future of Cera is one where we’re able to retain high quality carers that deliver an outstanding professional service. We know if we look after our carers, they will look after our loved ones.
This dream to build an employer of choice brand deeply rooted in our company values starts with this newly developed role - Head of Learning & Development. And that’s where you come in….
We’re looking for a Head of Learning & Development (L&D) to help our employees advance their skills and knowledge.
In this role, you’ll be passionate about helping people learn, grow and develop professional skills needed across the health and social care sector. You’ll have excellent communication skills and understand how to support our care workforce’s needs. You’ll have a natural knack for understanding the role technology can play in learning and development with a passion for people experiences.
Ultimately, you will help our company become an employer of choice by training, developing and retaining our people.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs for branch staff and HQ
- Build a team of L&D Specialists to support our branch teams
- Design, implement and enforce our EVP across the business
- Oversee and lead our apprenticeship programme
- Evaluate individual and organisational development needs and capabilities
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their teams through career pathways
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in the care sector and a deep understanding of our care employee needs
- Experience overseeing learning and development for a diverse workforce (care branches to HQ)
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Relevant Train the Trainer qualifications in Health and Social Care subjects