Cera Care is the fastest growing UK provider of quality care, mixing technology with kindness to deliver better care.
We are looking for caring, compassionate and kind people to join our award winning community teams helping older and vulnerable customers in their own homes across Daventry and Long Buckby.
Whether you’re looking to make a difference whilst on Furlough, or wanting to build a long term career, join us and train as a professional carer.
Your work experience may come from any background including supermarket work, or time spent in hospitality, catering, retail or travel or perhaps as a healthcare assistant, support worker in a care home or as a night care assistant.
If you're great with people, you’ll be a great carer.
We understand the dedication needed to be a Professional Carer, and to help show our appreciation we offer:
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Free Care Certificate qualification and RQF Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma
- Rewarding structured career paths and development opportunities
- Free professional uniform
- Mobile App reducing your day-to-day admin tasks
- ‘Life Works’ employee perks, high street discounts and cash back schemes
- Excellent pay rates (starting from £9.45 per hour)
- Flexible hours contracts and guaranteed hours contracts may be offered after start
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave allowance (pro rata)
As a Professional Carer you’ll be delivering care with endless empathy and patience, offering practical and emotional support to encourage a customer's independence in their own home. You’ll have the energy and stamina to respond calmly while thinking on your feet with an inbuilt moral compass to do the right thing. Your positive attitude and sense of humour will help you build trusting professional relationships with customers and colleagues alike, and your resilience will help you ‘keep on keeping on’ - even when times are challenging.
We’ll assign you the same customers each week, maximising your call runs geographically and using our App to reduce admin time, giving you more time to care. Some visits will be as a lone worker and others part of ‘double -up’ teams, with every visit monitored and supported by an equally committed branch team - part of your wider support network.
Every day is different with busiest times between 7am and 10am, lunchtime and 5pm to 10pm. Availability at both ends of the day is beneficial.
What you’ll be doing:
- No previous experience needed as comprehensive training and support will be provided
- Supporting all aspects of personal care including oral & denture care, showering, toileting, and incontinence needs.
- Supporting with all aspects of medication
- Meal preparation
- Moving around the home
Who you are:
- Excellent listener and communicator
- You must be a driver with access to your own vehicle
- Able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week including at least two evenings per week and alternate weekends
Areas We Service
- Northampton - MK19, NN12, NN7
During the Covid-19 pandemic you will be invited to complete video recorded interviews and online training.
If you’re a seasoned professional, someone new to care or looking for a change of direction with a rewarding role apply now and make a positive difference in your community.