At Homecare4U, we believe that being a Professional Care Assistant is one of the most amazing things you can do to help others in your community and we’re recruiting in Southampton.
You will visit people every day that have a wide range of care needs and really rely on your support. You don’t require any previous experience as we will train you with all the skills and knowledge you need to deliver exceptional care and ensure you are supported every step of the way.
We are offering contracted hours up to £20,458 per year full time (pro rata for part time). We are looking for people who can work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and every other weekend between 7am and 11pm.
You are a real lifeline for those you care for. By providing a listening ear, helping to prepare food or drinks, ensuring medication is taken and aiding with personal hygiene you will significantly improve the quality of life of those in your care. No one claims that care work is easy but it makes up for it with bags full of reward and pride!
Homecare4U ethos is that our Professional Care Assistants or those we care for are never alone, our service delivery is based around a unique app which connects you and those you care for and ensures you always have full support from our branch teams. There are some other great benefits of being a Homecare4U employee too:
- Guaranteed contracted hours on completion of 4 week shadowing and induction period
- Up to £500 joining bonus plus length of service awards.
- Initial paid assessment day training and up to 3 days paid training per year thereafter.
- Care Friends referral scheme - up to £250 per referral.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on everyday purchases through our Lifeways App
- Mileage allowance
- Paid Holidays and Pension Scheme
- Free Uniform, DBS and Work Mobile phone
- Recognised qualifications and opportunities to progress within a fast growing business including a career path to Care Coordinator and Registered Manager roles.
Who are we looking for?
We are recruiting Care Assistants in and around Southampton, ideally you will live in or very close to this area.
A role in care is all about showing kindness, respect and patience and all that we ask for other than this, is that:
- You have a shared determination to enable people to live longer and happier lives at home
- You are comfortable providing personal care, including washing, dressing and incontinence care
- You have a valid driving license and access to your own car
- You have flexibility to work days, evenings and every other weekend in your shift pattern
- You have the right to work in the UK and are over 18
- You possess excellent communication skills and have a kind heart
Are you ready to start a career in care and help us to enable people in your community to live longer and happier lives in their own homes? Apply now!