Position: Android Developer
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Contract type: Full time, Permanent, remote
Cera is currently listed as one of the top 5 fastest growing health technology companies in the UK and now Europe.
Cera is growing fast. We’re at a pivotal point in our growth. Our app proactively tracks and monitors the health of our customers, enabling families and medical professionals to have visibility of changes in health and well-being status. Using AI to predict potential health concerns, we’re able to help our customers avoid unnecessary hospital visits, whilst protecting vital NHS resources. Our vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of smart, AI based technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality.
About the role:
We are looking for an amazing Android Developer to join our team. We are a high-performance team that values integrity and determination. We need a Developer who is familiar with Android Mobile development.
- To have proven Android Development experience with consumer facing apps
- To have a In-depth knowledge of the Android ecosystem and commonly used design principles
- Ensure the public website performs well in various browsers at all times.
- Ensure the public website is optimised and performs on various platforms at all times.
- Either co-develop or take substantial ownership of the Android application.
- Have regular contact with team members to generate ideas and offer insightful solutions to resolve any problems.
- Meet tight deadlines with a cool head.
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin
- Modularised approach to App development
- Experience with Room, RxJava, Retrofit
- Knowledge of Repository pattern
- Knowledge of MVVM or MVI patterns
- Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
- Ability to work well both autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A drive to learn new technologies.
- Excellent coding and digital development abilities.
- Github.com, Gitlab.com, or bitbucket.org account with publicly accessible repositories.
What we offer
- We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements,
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off on top of bank holidays
- Mobile phone, laptop and full remote IT package setup to work remotely.
- Company pension scheme
- Training and development for your role and future career development
- Competitive salary with long term employee schemes
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Service awards
- Recognition awards
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at Cera shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations.