Position: People Data Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Data Analytics
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, Remote
Cera is currently listed as one of the top 5 fastest growing health technology companies in the UK and now Europe.
Cera is growing fast. We’re at a pivotal point in our growth. Our app proactively tracks and monitors the health of our customers, enabling families and medical professionals to have visibility of changes in health and well-being status. Using AI to predict potential health concerns, we’re able to help our customers avoid unnecessary hospital visits, whilst protecting vital NHS resources. Our vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of smart, AI based technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality.
About Data at Cera
Data has a critical role to play in many areas. First, data about our care operations, covering everything from hiring carers to the delivery of care. Data helps us to observe and understand how we are performing, what is working and what we could do to better deliver care. Second, data about service users health, covering everything from their conditions to the health outcomes resulting from those conditins, helps us to observe and understand their experience but more importantly, it helps us to predict and prevent health deteriorations for those in our care. Thirdly, data helps us understand our financial health, ensuring we deliver commissioned services sustainably to local communities.
About our Analytics Team
Our analytics data team's purpose is to empower our head office team with organisational insight and our frontline staff with actionable reports. Our goal is to enable the cera team to answer any question and have deep insight on any aspect of Cera Care.
To deliver on this promise at scale we combine expertise is BI / Analytics Tooling with people who ask great questions and subject matter experts who will go the extra mile to understand the complexities of data and transform this into digestible insights.
About the People Data Analyst role
Supported by technology, we are a service business delivered person to person and every interaction matters. Our people are the people we care for, our carers who deliver amazing care, the families of those receiving care, our branch managers and our head office teams supporting care delivery, and recruiting tomorrow’s carers, those who express interest in joining us on our mission. We are a people organisation first and foremost but every interaction generates data that has us deliver care effectively.
This newly created role will start in our analytics data team but work closely with our people and recruitment teams supporting them with all their insight needs. The role will conduct data analysis to help us report on and understand all our workforce, candidates, recruitment, on boarding, training, engagement, retention, employee turnover, exit interview analysis, employee satisfaction, annual leave, compensation and benefit analysis and other HR processes. The role will help model data and create reports and self service experiences in our BI tool (looker). Additionally, the People Team are wishing to build a HR Balanced Scorecard, with clear KPI’s for both functional accountability and performance across the business, providing the ability to use the insights to identify trends and predictive analytics.
Data analysis in other tools (including python) may be required for some more bespoke data analysis projects. There is an abundance of data projects to dive into and plenty of new skills to learn from each other so it’s a great time to join this newly formed team.
What you’ll do
- You will act as a business partner to the People Team and support the Director of People in providing insights that will support decision making
- You will ask great questions (to understand people, process and technology).
- You will tell stories with data, building reports and dashboards that deliver insight to help improve the delivery of care.
- You will help create new metrics and attributes in our data models to help build out our analytics platform (looker).
- You will look beyond the data to understand the story and human interactions behind the data.
- You will help product managers build the value case for development of new products, services and features and evaluate the performance of our existing offering.
- You will use different quantitative data analysis techniques to help segment users, activity and product performance.
- You will validate assumptions with data analysis and take action if data does not support the story.
- You will work with report consumers to understand their needs and deliver reports that empower them with actionable insights.
- You’ll work with software engineers and system owners to understand and document where and how data is created, influencing upstream to ensure quality and integrity at source where possible.
- You will be supported by Data & Analytics Specialists and Product Managers and Development Team Leads.
Who you are
- You will support our People & Recruitment Teams so any knowledge of recruitment, workforce management and HR processes is a great way to start but this is a data analysis role but we welcome data expertise from any sector. An interest or desire to work in the health and social care sector is also a bonus but we are also a high growth, technology enabled company so experience of data analysis in rapidly growing technology startups is also an asset.
- You're naturally curious and numerically savvy.
- You are a team player but you take ownership of problems and pride in delivering high quality results.
- You’re committed. You’re committed to making data easy to use by people across our business, ensuring it’s a source of value for the product development process. This makes you bold but thoughtful, able to thrive in a fast paced, complex data environment.
- You’re a connector. You work across our product, engineering and operations teams to scope datasets that enable delivery of reporting & insights. You keep our carers, branch managers and service users in mind, connecting their world to our data.
- You’re a perfectionist. You drive a high standard/best practice for our data warehouse and data pipelines
- You’re purpose driven. You care about the value your highly valued skills have to contribute to tackling one of society's greatest challenges: affordable care.
- You add absolute value and enable the People Team to influence decision making across the business via tangible and quantifiable data
What we offer
- We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements,
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off on top of bank holidays
- Mobile phone, laptop and full remote IT package setup to work remotely.
- Company pension scheme
- Training and development for your role and future career development
- Competitive salary with long term employee schemes
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Service awards
- Recognition awards
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at Cera shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations.