Position: Data Analyst (Care Operations & Compliance)
Reporting to: Head of Data Analytics
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, Remote
Cera is currently listed as one of the top 5 fastest growing health technology companies in the UK and now Europe.
Cera is growing fast. We’re at a pivotal point in our growth. Our app proactively tracks and monitors the health of our customers, enabling families and medical professionals to have visibility of changes in health and well-being status. Using AI to predict potential health concerns, we’re able to help our customers avoid unnecessary hospital visits, whilst protecting vital NHS resources. Our vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of smart, AI based technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality.
About Data at Cera
Data has a critical role to play in many areas. First, data about our care operations, covering everything from hiring carers to the delivery of care. Data helps us to observe and understand how we are performing, what is working and what we could do to better deliver care. Second, data about service users health, covering everything from their conditions to the health outcomes resulting from those conditions, helps us to observe and understand their experience but more importantly, it helps us to predict and prevent health deterioration for those in our care. Thirdly, data helps us understand our financial health, ensuring we deliver commissioned services sustainably to local communities.
About our Analytics Team
Our analytics data team's purpose is to empower our head office team with organisational insight and our frontline staff with actionable reports. Our goal is to enable the cera team to answer any question and have deep insight on any aspect of Cera Care.
To deliver on this promise at scale we combine expertise is BI / Analytics Tooling with people who ask great questions and subject matter experts who will go the extra mile to understand the complexities of data and transform this into digestible insights.
About our Care Data Analyst role
Care is at the heart of our organisation and this role will specialise in care data & insights. That’s data about the people we care for, data about our carers, data about the delivery of care and data about our care technology.
This newly created role will start in our analytics data team to help us build our understanding of care data to ensure integrity in our report, dashboards and metrics. This role will help deliver reports for our care branches and head office staff in our BI tool (looker) but data analysis in other tools (including python) may be required for some data analysis projects. There is an abundance of data projects to dive into and plenty of new skills to learn from each other so it’s a great time to join this newly formed team.
What you’ll do
- You will own data analysis of our care data, supporting operational and care compliance teams with expert data knowledge and strong data analysis skills..
- You will ask great questions (to understand people, process and technology).
- You will tell stories with data, building reports and dashboards that deliver insight to help improve the delivery of care.
- You will help create new metrics and attributes in our data models to help build out our analytics platform (looker).
- You will look beyond the data to understand the story and human interactions behind the data.
- You will conduct deep dives to understand and capture business rules and definitions.
- You will validate assumptions with data analysis and take action if data does not support the story.
- You will work with report consumers to understand their needs and deliver reports that empower them with actionable insights.
- You’ll work with software engineers and system owners to understand and document where and how data is created, influencing upstream to ensure quality and integrity at source where possible.
- You’ll help improve our data accuracy, availability, granularity, coverage, and overall robustness of our financial data analysis capabilities.
- You will be supported by Data & Analytics Specialists and Operational Team Leads.
Who you are
- You're naturally curious and numerically savvy.
- You are a team player but you take ownership of problems and pride in delivering high quality results.
- You’re committed. You’re committed to making data easy to use by people across our business, ensuring it’s a source of value for the people in care operations and for the people in our care. This makes you bold but thoughtful, able to thrive in a fast paced, complex data environment.
- You’re a connector. You work across our product, engineering and operations teams to scope datasets that enable delivery of reporting & insights. You keep our carers, branch managers and service users in mind, connecting their world to our data.
- You’re a perfectionist. You drive a high standard/best practice for our data warehouse and data pipelines
- You’re purpose driven. You care about the value your highly valued skills have to contribute to tackling one of society's greatest challenges: affordable care.
- This is a data analysis role and we welcome data expertise from any sector (but an interest or desire to work in the health and social care sector is a bonus). We are also a high growth, technology enabled company so experience of data analysis in rapidly growing technology startups is also an asset.
What you’ll need
- You will be comfortable using BI tools (any - we use looker) to answer business questions, define metrics and create reports and dashboards.
- You will have good knowledge of writing SQL queries to analyse data.
- You will need some data modelling experience to provide self service functionality to users (modelling in lookml is a bonus but SQL / Python / R also sufficient). You will provide answers to any question but anticipate consumers' likely next questions and enable them to self-serve insight.
- You will have experience of working with stakeholders across departments and driving conversations to solve puzzles. Working in collaboration with subject matter experts you will seek to understand the business environment alongside the data. Discovering the true stories of the people and processes behind the numbers.
- A strong attention to detail and data integrity you will use your data analysis skills to validate assumptions and data quality.
- You will be a natural storyteller, using data visualization and mix of both qualitative and quantitative insights to help improve our care offering.
What we offer
- We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements,
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off on top of bank holidays
- Mobile phone, laptop and full remote IT package setup to work remotely.
- Company pension scheme
- Training and development for your role and future career development
- Competitive salary with long term employee schemes
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Service awards
- Recognition awards
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at Cera shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations.