Position: People Associate
Reporting to: The Head of HR
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Cera is a digital-first healthcare-at-home company delivering care, nursing, telehealth and repeat prescription services in people’s homes via technology. In under five years, Cera has expanded to 10,000+ staff across the UK and Germany, delivering 40,000+ healthcare visits a day, and has grown from zero to nearly $300M revenues. Every day, Cera delivers healthcare services equivalent to 40 hospitals or 1,000 care homes, and has grown 100-fold over the past two years making it one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe.
Cera currently holds more than 160+ partnerships with the NHS and local authorities, and the company’s technology is used by 2,000+ businesses nationwide. It’s technology predicts health deteriorations in patients 30-fold faster than traditional care companies, with its Professional Carers and Nurses responding to over 5,000 ‘high risk’ alerts each day.
Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cera has delivered 10 million healthcare visits in people’s homes, created 10,000 jobs, and licensed it’s recruitment technology to the UK Government Department of Health to recruit 50,000+ people into healthcare careers.
Fantastic opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. We are looking for a forward thinking People Associate to join our team. You'll provide a first-class administrative service to the organisation. Ensuring that as a function we have clear processes in place to manage employee documentation and HR administration and all HR records and databases are kept up to date and maintained accurately. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain exposure in all areas of HR. This would be ideal for someone to who enjoys streamlining processes, having ownership in their role and implementing improvement processes. We are a fast paced team who work hard and have fun too.
You'll handle the majority of employee documentation, including contracts, recruitment paperwork and ongoing employee letters and documentation and will often act as the first point of contact for colleagues and new starters and responsible for supporting managers in communicating relevant documentation. You'll support the People Business Partners and Head of People in building strong HR processes and providing a proactive and expert service to the business.
- Responsible for maintaining employee records by ensuring that our HR Systems are kept up to date and our employee filing system is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining apprenticeship records and data including; new starts, those currently on programme and leavers.
- Support the Head of Learning and Development in maintaining the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) portal data
- Working with payroll to ensure relevant changes to employee records are updated so that correct salary and benefit adjustments can be made.
- Producing and maintaining a suite of HR template letters. Responsible for issuing letters to employees upon change to their status/circumstances, including role change/promotion letters, family leave letters and where appropriate letters relating to employee relations cases or organisational change process letters.
- Working with and supporting the learning and development team to produce accurate central training data regarding compliance and mandatory training
- Acting as the first point of contact for employee queries, able to direct employees and managers to the relevant policy or document and point of contact.
- Managing contracts with HR suppliers.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as and when they arise.
- Liaising with the Managers and new starters to gather all information required to produce accurate employee contracts.
- Liaising with Manager and new apprenticeship starters to gather all information required to produce accurate employee and apprentices contracts
- Carrying out the new starter process, including collating references, following DBS checking process and sending contracts and documents to new starters.
- Updating Bamboo HR with all employee details and engaging other departments to create new starter profiles and sourcing equipment.
- Production of letters and templates for ongoing cases and any organisational change programme such as redundancy or TUPE programmes. May often require letters for mass change programmes.
- Notetaking in meetings when required.
- Assisting the HR Business Partner and Head of HR in reviewing policies and processes, ensuring legal compliance.
- Communicating the exit process to managers and ensuring that the process is followed for all employees.
- Completion and communication of leave letters to employees.
- Sending link to exit survey to all leavers and reporting on exit survey responses on a monthly basis.
- Producing employment reference letters for employees.
- Reporting from Bamboo HR and providing a summary of key HR metrics on a monthly basis.
Employee recognition and engagement
- Ordering birthday/leaving cards, etc. for employees.
- Looking at options to engage a supplier to provide this service and building a recognition process for all employees.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience as a HR administrator would be an advantage.
- Computer literate, able to use various HR Software Systems, and Microsoft Office/GoogleDoc suites capably (i.e. able to run and produce reports, create mail mergers and use various data functions such as VLOOKUP).
- Good understanding of UK employment law.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively and collaboratively across an organisation.
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.
- Great career development opportunity with a fast-growing company with ambition.
- Mobile phone, laptop and any other required technology.
- Flexible remote working.
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonus & long term employee incentive schemes.
- 25 days paid annual leave + your birthday off + UK bank holidays.
- Recognition awards.
- Group pension scheme.
- Lifeworks discount platform & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Refer a friend scheme.
What’s it like to be part of the Cera team?
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.