Position: DevOps Engineer
Reporting to Head of Infrastructure and Architecture
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, remote working
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe's fastest growing health tech startups as a DevOps Engineer. Cera’s vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality. The work you do promotes the dignity, respect, independence and choice of our service users, enabling you to make a real difference. We are changing the way people receive care by empowering our professional carers with insight and improved decision making. We believe technology can enable carers to do what they do best, care.
You will be working alongside a talented team of software engineers to build infrastructure and solutions that help push the boundaries of technology in the healthcare space. You will leverage the latest technologies overcoming a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow our carers to administer care that is vitally important. This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm in a startup environment and make a difference.
You will be designing, building, and maintaining cutting-edge infrastructure and architectural designs of our infrastructure running on AWS.
Role and responsibilities
- Working as part of the infrastructure and architecture team, the role will involve guiding and working with the delivery teams to create the solutions that match the business ambitions. Ensuring that Cera is at the forefront of the latest technologies.
- Ownership of our AWS infrastructure
- Design, implementation and monitoring of our CI/CD pipelines
- Creating highly scalable and fault tolerant infrastructure using Terraform
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Helping to implement secure, automated and scalable systems.
- Working with the teams to help monitor and support our products
- Be the gatekeepers of our infrastructure, ensuring that we are fully secure and compliant.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience building distributed systems, moving from a monolith to a microservice architecture. As well as experience in mentoring other technical team members.
● Extensive experience with AWS
● Hands on experience with AWS solutions like EC2, S3 RDS Lambdas
● Experience with enterprise systems that are deployed using containerization like Docker and Kubernetes
● Architect, build and maintain DevOps solutions for enterprise applications into cloud environments.
● Experience with Terraform
● Experience with cloud security best practices.
● Experience with developing and using CI CD pipelines like Azure Pipelines
● Promote best practice by leading by example
● Working knowledge, understanding and ability to write scripts using languages including Bash, PowerShell and an ability to understand Java, C# desirable
● Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components and their application to cloud environments
● Expertise in system monitoring and alerting strategies and can draw on their experience to drive improvements in system monitoring
What can we offer you:
- Access to learning and conference budget
- You will have the autonomy to make the role your own
- The support with learning new technologies and feel free to bring new tools to the table
- Access to learning and conference attendance budget
- Career development in an ambitious company - we’ll grow with you
- The full technology working from home set-up
- Flexible and remote working
- Competitive salary & discretionary bonus
- 25 days paid annual leave, UK bank holidays & your birthday off
- Recognition Awards
- Group Pension Scheme
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.
This is an opportunity for an experienced engineer to build meaningful technology that helps a growing ageing population live healthier lives in their own homes.