Position: Data Product Owner
Contract type: Full time, permanent, remote working
Cera's mission is to empower people to live longer, better lives in their own homes. We are one of the biggest domiciliary care providers in the UK, with over 5,000 staff across more than 70 offices in England, Scotland and Wales, delivering more than 25,000 care visits each day. We build innovative products that are used by Cera carers, colleagues and customers.
About the role
Product Owners at Cera play a pivotal role in creating the products that we build, ensuring that Cera’s technology helps us to provide great care to all of our customers while improving the experience of everyone involved in care delivery.
Data is integral to everything we’re doing at Cera. We build products used by Cera carers, colleagues and customers, with each of these generating and consuming data. Making sure that the right data is being collected in the right way and delivered in the right format at the right time will make a huge difference to the people you’re building for.
We are passionate about how data can be regularly collected and modeled as part of a care visit to drive earlier preventative actions that can improve the health of the people we care for.
As Data Product Owner, you’ll build a passion for discovering where data can drive and improve how care is managed and delivered. You’ll then work with colleagues across Cera to bring your plans to life. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our engineers, UX teams, operational staff and carers. You’ll need to build a deep knowledge of our operational care processes as well as an understanding and driving of how data interfaces with different parts of our system, including third-party applications.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate analytics & product development requirements with the business and across relevant delivery teams, spanning data, product, engineering and UX teams
- Work with the different data teams and senior management to build and articulate departmental roadmaps and KPIs that are aligned with Cera’s mission
- Set and monitor metrics for data product usage and impact on end-users
- Work with teams to produce requirement documents
- Create and prioritise product backlogs to provide clear delivery requirements
- Communicate any issues or updates that could impact the delivery, team, timeline or strategic vision to key stakeholders
- Put in place processes to improve delivery of work, build relationships with key stakeholders and identify opportunities for business improvement
- Lead product releases, in coordination with relevant teams, setting both internal and external expectations required for the successful rollout of data products
- Drive discovery, planning and ceremonies within the data teams to manage capacity and prioritise work to maximise customer and business value
Who you are:
- Delivery focused & organised
- Comfortable with context switching and fast paced dynamic environments
- Interest in both health & data fields
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders and technical subject matter experts
To be successful (skills/experience):
- Previous experience working with data and engineering teams
- Previous experience leading teams, projects or programs using Agile software development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to set requirements, specifications and KPIs resulting in customer success
- To have worked within the healthcare sector (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques & experience managing a machine learning product an advantage (nice to have)
What we offer
- Career development in an ambitious company - we’ll grow with you
- All the technology equipment you will need to remotely work
- Flexible and remote working
- Competitive salary & discretionary bonus
- 25 days paid annual leave, UK bank holidays & your birthday off
- Recognition Awards
- Group Pension Scheme
- Lifeworks discount platform & Employee Assistance Programme
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.