Position: Principal Architect
Reporting to Head of Infrastructure and Architecture
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, remote working
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe's fastest growing health tech start-ups as a Principal Architect. Cera’s vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality. The work you do promotes the dignity, respect, independence and choice of our service users, enabling you to make a real difference. We are changing the way people receive care by empowering our professional carers with insight and improved decision making. We believe technology can enable carers to do what they do best, care.
Along with the team you will have the autonomy to develop innovative solutions that help push the boundaries of technology in the healthcare space. You will leverage the latest technologies overcoming a variety of data and engineering challenges to allow our carers to administer care that is vitally important. This role is an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking the opportunity to drive themselves with their own enthusiasm in a startup environment and make a difference.
This is a key position in our technology team, providing architectural expertise and guidance that enables the vision of the overall solution to be delivered.
Role and responsibilities
● Working as part of the architecture team, the role will involve guiding and working with the delivery teams to create the solutions that match the business ambitions.
● Working closely with business stakeholders at all levels to ensure that the solution identified is fully understood and aligned to the business needs.
● Plan and reach our target architecture of microservices, using the latest patterns and practises.
● You will be contributing to the company's development process and best practices. You will also have line management responsibility, coach and mentor the team to help with their growth and development.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience building distributed systems, moving from a monolith to a microservice architecture. As well as experience in mentoring other technical team members.
● .Net Core & C#
● Microservices and Event driven architecture
● Cloud and security Technologies eg AWS or Azure Web API
● Docker and Kubernetes
● Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda / Data, Messaging eg Kafka
● Azure DevOps, Git
● SOLID Principles and Design Patterns
● Architecture diagramming and documentation
● Working with relational and non-relational data sources eg Microsoft SQL Server
● To be a self-starter, bringing your own creativity, enthusiasm and real world problem-solving to a highly motivated team
● Stakeholder management
● Presentation skills
● Promote best practice by leading by example
● Represent the engineering team across the business
Key Measures and Targets
● Successful move to a Microservice architecture
● Techniques or insights based on the tech and product roadmap.
What we offer
● Career development in an ambitious company - we’ll grow with you
● All the technology equipment you will need to remotely work
● Flexible and remote working
● Competitive salary & discretionary bonus
● 25 days paid annual leave, UK bank holidays & your birthday off
● Recognition Awards
● Group Pension Scheme
● Lifeworks discount platform & Employee Assistance Programme
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.