Position: Senior Data Scientist, Healthier Lives
Reporting to: Director of Data
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent, Remote
At Cera Care, our mission is to empower people to live longer, healthier, better lives in their own homes. We don’t just care more, we care better. We want to be the UK leader in revolutionising affordable care for the better, for our care clients and society and the perfect coordination across care practice, data, science and technology is how we’ll get there.
About Data at Cera:
Data has a critical role to play in two distinct areas. First, data about our operations, covering everything from hiring carers to the delivery of care, helps us to observe and understand how we are performing, what is working and what we could do to better deliver care. Second, data about client health, covering everything from their conditions to the health outcomes resulting from those conditions, helps us to observe and understand their experience but more importantly, it helps us to predict and prevent health deteriorations for those in our care.
About your Team:
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Healthier Lives team, you’ll be working within an ambitious and fast paced, multidisciplinary team. Their objective is to improve the health outcomes for our service users, by designing and implementing systems to observe and identify signals in health data to predict, intervene and prevent exacerbations in key health conditions; improving quality of life and reducing hospitalisations.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement data collection frameworks to ensure we are capturing data in an optimal way to enable our health outcomes based initiatives
- Develop deep subject matter expertise about our data, including it’s lineage and quality to be able to advise on what is or is not possible
- Collaborate with medical specialists to develop appropriate methods or models to determine significant changes in underlying health conditions; with emphasis on being able to explain the why
- Develop reusable and robust datasets that act as the ideal starting point for future analysis
- Build reporting and dashboarding solutions to enable observability of the health of enrolled service users, and for the team and business to understand the impact of the programme of work
- Scope and conduct complex analysis, breaking bigger questions down into shorter, more actionable phases; publishing early and often
- Regularly translate highly technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders to ensure the work being delivered is widely understood and socialised
- You’ll drive your own development, and will be supported in doing so, ensuring steady progress on your path to mastery as an data scientist
Who you are:
- You’re committed to producing impactful insights that enable our care network to identify health issues and be proactive to improve the quality of life of our service users.
- You’re a creator. You’ll apply your skills as a data professional to strive for simplicity in your creations. You innovate and find the simplest, most impactful solutions for your stakeholders, challenging the status quo - there must be a better way. If it can be imagined, you make it possible
- You’re a connector. You work across our care operations and product teams to produce solutions as necessary for us to achieve our mission. You keep our carers and clients in mind, connecting their operational and health needs with your delivery pipeline
- You’re purpose driven. You care about the value your skills have to contribute to tackling some of society's greatest challenges: affordable and high quality care
What you’ll need:.
- Ideally 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a similar data scientist role
- Outstanding communication skills that helps you build strong relationships with your stakeholders to develop momentum and buy-in for changes
- Ability to derive concrete and actionable insights from data, leveraging or creating frameworks to communicate them in a straightforward way to direct stakeholders
- Ability to easily wrangle and analyse data from a variety of sources using languages such as Python, SQL (e.g. BigQuery) and visualisation tools such as Looker
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. GCP), version control systems (e.g. Git), the principles of continuous integration/deployment, and shipping models to production
- Experience working within an agile multidisciplinary team
- A high degree of self-sufficiency, with proven track record of delivery in a high autonomy environment
- A degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative subject area would be considered a plus
What we offer
- Career development in an ambitious company - we’ll grow with you
- All the technology equipment you will need to work from home
- Flexible and remote working
- Competitive salary & discretionary bonus
- 25 days paid annual leave, UK bank holidays & your birthday off
- Recognition Awards
- Group Pension Scheme
- Lifeworks discount platform & Employee Assistance Programme
Life at Cera
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence because difference makes the world a better place.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
You have the opportunity to join a purpose-driven company at the tipping point of transformation. You’ll play a key part in the evolution of Cera and make a real impact, now and in the future.