Position: Registered Manager
Reporting to: Regional Director
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Cera’s vision is to empower people to live their best lives, in their own home, through the use of technology, professional care and support. Joining Cera, you are contributing to making this vision a reality. The work you do promotes the dignity, respect, independence and choice of our service users, enabling you to make a real difference.
We are changing the way people receive care by empowering our professional carers with insight and improved decision making. Our technology is enabling carers to do what they do best, care.
We are looking for a passionate and commercial leader to support the growth and development of our Abercynon branch as an extension of our Cera family. As one of largest service providers we have an opportunity to bring service and support to the most vulnerable in our communities and continue on our journey to being the UK’s fastest growing technology-enabled care provider.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a natural leader who adopts both a commercial and people first approach and enjoys the challenge of building a successful team in partnership with our local authorities.
You will be responsible for developing the people and processes that result in a high-performing and compliant branch, as well as, continuing to work to align these with the wider Cera teams.
- Adopt a Carer-first approach in all that you do, continually looking to improve how we administer and deliver care in our communities.
- Oversee the creation of individualised, person-centred support packages that work towards meeting identified outcomes with the service users, their carer’s and the purchasing authority.
- Take an active role in reviewing and amending service packages in partnership with branch staff and central teams.
- We regularly evaluate service goals and quality objectives and need our Registered Managers to undertake this and deliver actions for areas identified as requiring improvement.
- Accurate and legible records are key to help us monitor our support for our service users but also to meet our regulatory requirements. You will be regularly auditing our records and files to make sure they meet standards.
- Whilst our people and service users are our most important focus you will also be responsible for overseeing the implementation and monitoring of Cera policies and procedures as well as taking action where individuals do not adhere to these.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and Cera requirements on all reportable areas within the service provision.
- Maintain the operations of Cera at the standard agreed with the Regional Director and Quality & Compliance team, within the financial budget or other parameters set.
- Partner with Finance and Operations colleagues to measure weekly expenditure to ensure budget is maintained.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, particularly with our Business Development teams and Local Authorities so we can acquire new contracts and support packages.
- Commit to join and actively participate in the Skills for Care Managers Network to help to further develop our profile within the industry.
- Plan and attend regular meetings with all stakeholders to keep abreast of views, developments, opportunities and expectations.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working in a regulated care environment is a must.
- RQF Diploma level 5 Health and Social Care would be desirable but not essential.
- Someone compliant with the knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- A leader, someone comfortable leading a team and overseeing budgets.
- Knowledge of leading a team and working within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Previous experience of working as a manager within a domiciliary setting.
- Experience of working with Service Users who have additional support or complex needs.
- A leader with a passion for delivering excellent care to a high standard.
You’ll have access to:
•Training and development for your role and future career development •Discretionary bonus •Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme •Refer a Friend scheme •mobile phone and other required tech•service awards •recognition awards •company pension scheme
Cera promotes a carer-first approach. Our frontline staff are the most important part of the Cera family. You will join a visionary organisation on the tipping point of transformation and have the opportunity to form part of our larger mission to change the face of social care. Your branch will be equipped with innovative software and you will have the opportunity to lean on our wider organisation for the most progressive and personable operational support.
Our app proactively tracks and monitors the health of our customers, enabling families and medical professionals to have visibility of changes in health and well being status. Using AI to predict potential health concerns, we’re able to help our customers avoid unnecessary hospital visits, whilst protecting vital NHS resources.